Sunday, July 18, 2010

Let the Games Begin!

I am a third year medical student just beginning my rotations. I love medical school. I have worked my whole life to get here and now having the opportunity to be in this field every day is truly a dream come true. I love being able to help comfort patients; I love feeling like a detective as we try and solve the reasons why a patient is experiencing particular symptoms. I love going into a surgery and seeing the organs that make our body work. I love pondering about what I am learning with my upbringing as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Being a member of this church, I am provided a unique perspective in that I know that life is more than just being here on earth, we lived before this earth, and will live again after this life. This and many other doctrinal precepts give me a unique spin the purpose of medicine. Each day I ponder about what I see going on with each patient and what I know to be true from the gospel. I decided to start this blog in order to write down the things I am learning as well as incorporate what I learn with lessons I have learned from the gospel. I hope you enjoy the writings I post as much as I enjoy medical school and the opportunities that are therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment